Monday, December 27, 2010

#10 - Double Digits

A few days ago I spent my first christmas day completely on my own. It makes you realise that it is just a standard 24 hour day when you are not with family or friends. I went to work, just like any other day. The regulars were still there, drinking and gambling. Which is depressing because you see them there every other day doing the same thing, not an ounce of change in their lives.


"Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders." - --  Friedrich Nietzsche 


A memory jogger for a book I read a while ago (Beyond Good and Evil) was "The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind". All in all it was a very predictable film but it had some important themes, maybe it was just important because I don't forget very many things often. They just stick.


"The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd"

 - Alexander Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment